Wednesday 20 September 2017

WOYWW 433

Hello all. Well where have I been? I will explain later. thank you for all your lovely comments the last time I posted.

I didn't think I would make it today but decided that even though it's late  it's better late than never :-)

So I photographed my desk earlier today in the hope I would make it :-)


So this was my work space today, it is still the same tonight. I was making some swaps ( tags ) for a SU training day. I didn't manage to finish them or get to training.

Not a lot of crafting has happened since my Crafternoon Tea on Sept 9th. It was a very successful day and everyone said they had a lovely time.

Some photos of makes etc

















 There was also a card which I didn't get round to photographing :-)










All above of the Crafternoon Tea afternoon.
If you are wondering what WOYWW is about then please click on the icon on my side bar.
I will visit as many people as I can but it may take a while.


 Why have I been MIA ? Well on the Tuesday after the crafternoon tea I took mum out for lunch etc. A lovely day!! On the Wednesday I went back down the M5 to mum's bungalow. My brother was making good all work he'd done. I cleaned and tidied ready for estate agent - that's the short version :-)

I was chilled on Thursday morning as one of my sister's was going to take mum out. THEN came the call that changed it all.
Mum fell in her room at Care Home. Very, very long story short. She had actually broken her shoulder and hip. I spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday at the hospital with my brother. They were finally able to operate to pin her hip on Saturday, it was thought that she wouldn't survive - she has so many health issues. Amazingly she pulled through. Of course not out of the woods yet but hopefully getting there. Until today I have been at the hospital everyday. My brother has gone this evening and my sisters are going tomorrow.


Below is DH with our new Great Niece - we met her for the first time on Sunday, she is a sweetie. her name is Matilda. On the day of mum's operation my nephew had his first son- Noah William - I felt so sorry for my sister - it should have been a very happy day but like rest of us we had an agonising four hours waiting to see if mum had pulled through.


So a week of mixed emotions. Mum has a long way to go, she is being a little difficult at the moment but she has suffered a lot. :-(

Hopefully I will be back soon!!!

13 comments:

  1. Oh Anne, just as you thought everything was on an even keel. Thank goodness your mum made it through the operation. It must have been such a scary time. Hugs and best wishes. Sarah #18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thank you for your kind comment. we are very grateful that mum got through. Hopefully meet you at the Crop. x

      Delete
  2. Oh Anne, the Crafternoon looks marvellous. In a way, not unlike the Crop for fun and cake! Well done, that was a lot of work. And meanwhile, your poor emotions, up and down like the worst roller coaster. Am so sorry for your dear Mum, how ghastly an accident this is for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Anne. oh my word - what a couple of weeks you have had. As I write I am bringing you before Father God asking Him to grant you that peace which is beyond understanding. Amidst it all, do take care of yourself and hubby. That really is important. Your mum is in the best place possible. The medics will care for her.
    The photos of your craft day are lovely - well done. I'm looking forward to meeting you and hubby next week. If you need further details of how to find the church etc, just send me an email.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #4

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your Mom, I hope she heals quickly. Your Crafternoon Tea looks awesome - look at all those goodies! I am salivating! We'll see how the new job goes, I'd rather be home doing my art. . .thank you for your kind words! Thanks for your visit, Lindart #25

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Crafternoon looked lovely. It's so nice to be able to craft with like minded people which I don't get much of sadly. I fully understand how you must be feeling with your mum. My own parents are 89 and 90 and although they are generally pretty good a simple fall can be very dangerous for old people and they just don't get over things as easily as you do when you're younger. Just recently my dad slipped on the drive, not a complete fall but he must have hit his arm and in a couple of hours it had a massive lump and colours you cannot imagine. After going to A&E they kept him in for three days as his heart rate and blood tests didn't seem right. He is gradually improving but the lump is still massive and he hasn't really been out much so we are going to have to give him lots of encouragement and that is nothing compared with your mum but you will get there I'm sure. Take care and happy woyww, hopefully! Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your poor Mum! what a time you're having with her...hope she will recover quickly. Congrats to your nephew though.. Crafternoon Tea looks great - well done! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's just not getting any easier is it? I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's fall and the knock on effects...but those beautiful babies are something to make you smile. The next generation coming along xx
    That crafternoon looked great fun - I wish I lived closer, I'd have come!
    Hugs LLJ 8 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. O my goodness, how awful for you all, you poor mum such painful injuries.. you must have all been so worried I am glad she is recovering slowly .. your crafternoon tea looked great and those goodies look so yummy... Love the photo of your DH and sweet baby....May #11

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh goodness.. what a time your poor mum and all of you have had! I'm so sorry for you all! We went through similar things with all 4 of our parents, but none broke a shoulder and hip at their age. Horrific. Hang in there, my friend. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Anne, my you are having one trial piled on top of another, aren't you? The only good thing to this is that at least she was in the care home, so would have been found promptly. If she's still been in her bungalow, heaven alone knows how long it may have taken for her to be found. And huge congratulations on the new babies.Sorry I'm late this week, but I ended up wiped out. Feel better today though, so hopefully I'm past the worst of it. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #2 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a few spare minutes catching up on our blogs - so sorry to hear about your mum - what a time she has had - and you too. Sending love and good wishes. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just popped on here to say "don't be nervous about the crop" I will be a first timer too but i do know Margaret and Sarah as well. Oh and Shaz and Annie.
    Then I read your post and wondered if you would be coming afterall. So sorry to hear about your mum, what a worrying time for you all. I do hope she is improving/has improved. What a mixed up week with emotions, such a worry about mum and then elation with the new babies.
    Hope to see you but more importantly hope mum is much better.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and promise I will read them all.

WOYWW

 It's been a while since I said hello. However just want to pop in and wish you all a Very Merry Christmas.  I have cleared away most th...